Skip to main content

Living Room Windows

Came up with an idea over the holidays to take the back wall windows all the way down to the floor.  No question this would require additional cleaning, but it could really make the look of the house much nicer.  I did a rough mockup (ignore the trash in the back yard, that's in the works).  Here is what it looks like now.
And here is what it might look like with the new windows (based on my crappy photoshop skills)
As part of this, I would also cut the concrete in the patio and create a planted area between the windows and the patio, similar to this type:
The raw glass costs about $600 per pane, and there are 12 panes if I do all of the back windows.  Not cheap, but potentially a really nice look.

I won't be able to start on this right away, but I may go ahead and rent a concrete saw and cut the planter section.  Eventually I'll replace all of the rear patio concrete with concrete pads, but for now I can start with cutting the planting area.  Once things warm up a little, and I finish a few of the other items in the house I might get started on this.  At the very least I need to put glass in where the old back door is, so I might do that soon as well as a test section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.