Skip to main content

Back Door

Finally put the back door on the garage.
Not quite done, but the door is fully mounted and the siding is on.  The pad in the carport isn't level, so it was a bit of a bear cutting some treated 2x4's at a slight angle to create a level pad for the door.  It was too much of a grade to just use shims, and since it's the base, and might need to support weight, it needed a solid piece.  I won't finish it 100% because I need to get an electrical permit submitted and put some outlets in the overhang.  I also won't bother putting the siding on until it warms up enough that I can paint, however I'm considering making a tent over the entrance so I can run a heater and paint it anyway.  That will depend on timing.  The light isn't hooked up yet, but I'll connect it once I plan out the wiring.  I like the fixture, might add some to the front as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.