Skip to main content

Door Update

I've been planning on this for a while, and finally got a wild hair to start tackling it.  Here is an image of what the interior doors look like when I moved in:
Some are full of scratches, and there is a poorly patched hole in the one on the bathroom.  I'd always planned to update them.  Here is a shot of the revised office door:
I've painted the door jam, added brushed metal hardware, and painted the door.  Initially I was playing with the idea of doing a grey color, just very slightly darker than the trim white, but when I did that, it just ended up looking like someone didn't match the white color right.  So, I decided to take a shot and do it using Sherwin Williams "Reflecting Pool" blue.  In this picture I need to put one more coat on the side facing the camera, then give it a few days to dry properly before closing the door.  Also, the long-term plan is to put proper trim around the doors, but until I do something about the carpet, there isn't much point in doing that as I won't know the final height of the floor until then.
The main advantage to painting the door is that I can much more easily cover up blemishes, like the one on the bathroom door, but can still use my existing doors and get an updated look.  Plus, with paint, should color trends change, it's easy to update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.