Skip to main content

Kitchen Cabinets

Decided to break down and go ahead and get the kitchen cabinet shells.  Goal here is to verify fit and functionality.  I got a couple of drawers with simple white faces as well, so I could get used to how they fit and usability.  Cabinets are all Ikea Sektion.  I looked at other alternatives, but nothing gave me the flexibility I wanted except these.

For now they are just set in place.  Discovered a few minor fit issues, but nothing huge.  Will also be able to fully evaluate usability as well.  Haven't decided on the flooring yet, or even it it will go below the cabinets.  I'm thinking not for now, but we'll see.  I did discover that the water line for the external hose is exposed now, so I'll have to figure out what to do there.

This will allow me to work out the wiring and plumbing before committing a lot of $$$.
However, they seem to fit well, so I'm thinking this will be the final layout of the low cabinets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.