Skip to main content

New Bike Room

Tearing down the old basement workshop so that I can finish it, and also tearing down the bike room.  I've moved the bikes themselves out into the basement landing room show here (still a big mess)

So that left enough room to redo the bike room as storage and bike tools.  I wanted to separate it from the bathroom on the other side, so I slapped up some scrap drywall.  Don't ever plan on finishing it, so the ridiculously bad drywall job is just fine.  This gives me a lot more storage space, which I'll need as the old storage workshop will be finished into a usable room.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.