Skip to main content

Floors Done

 Finally did all of the sanding and finishing of the floors.  This is a huge step as it allows me to finally finish everything else upstairs.

Here it is fully sanded and waiting for sealer



Applying the sealer.  I'm using Loba Invisible Protect 2k.  2 coats as recommended


2nd coat


You can really see a big difference between how the wood reacted after the first coat.  It looked as if a significant tint was going to be imparted to the wood.  But after it dried, that went away.  The 2nd coat shows less affect, showing that it's sitting on top of the first coat.

Final result



The Loba turned out great, only adding a very slight tint to the flooring.  I was surprised at how much the grain raised after the first coat.  But as the instructions required, I buffed with a 200 grit screen between coats.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.