Skip to main content

Bike Room and Electrical

Got some 4x8 sheets of pegboard this weekend and paneled the bike room walls.  It's a little sloppy, but this isn't intended to be a finished space.  Plus I'm assuming that I will probably have to pull them down later for electrical and plumbing access.  But this gives me a better feel for the space.  From that I can tell that I have enough space in there with the bikes that it will work as a viable shop.

I also got the theater room wired back up again, and wired one side of the kitchen, so finally I don't have an extension chord running across the floor to power the refrigerator upstairs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.