Skip to main content

Inspection, Material and Drywall

Took the day off today so that I could get some materials delivered, and have the mechanical and electrical inspectors come by and check out the work status.  Everything checked out, so I'll be able to wrap up some of the drywall work.  I won't be able to drywall both sides of the walls until I'm closer to done with the electrical work, but this should at least allow me to cover one side of each wall, so that the rooms are more complete, and the hallway in the basement is finally fully enclosed.

I did manage to add some drywall to the bottom of the kitchen back wall, so that the wall is more complete now, and all the wiring isn't exposed.
That's about all the drywall I'll be able to do there without enlisting some help and building a scaffolding of some sort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.