Skip to main content

Living Room

Getting started on the living room.  I've started installing new shelves in the fireplace alcove, and a floating wall unit as an entertainment center.  There are 3 more shelves that I need to install in the fireplace alcove.  In this picture there is only one so far.

Eventually all of the electronics will be hidden behind the doors with IR repeaters so that I can operate them without seeing them.  There will be doors on all of the cabinets when done.  I'll also work on getting some in-wall speakers, but for now I'll have cables draped around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.