Skip to main content

Gutters

Since this house has a flat roof, with a LOT of big trees towering over it, proper drainage and maintenance of the roof is essential.  If anything that's the one flaw with the house.  Someone had put cheap plastic drains on the house, some not even affixed to it.  One actually fell off a little while ago, and I've been doing my research as to what to replace it with.  The solution was 3" galvanized gutters.  I just got one installed on the back of the house (which is a big mess right now, my gardener when MIA and I need to find out what's going on there)
For now I just have a plastic extension on the bottom so that the water is moved far enough away from the foundation.  Once I get around to re-doing the back yard, I'll address putting proper french drains on it.

Now that it's cold out, those back windows tend to fog up a bit, which may encourage me to put in the double pane windows sooner, as it's pretty ugly.

Next will be the main front drain.  For now I have a rain chain, but it's splattering water all over, so I'll have to put once of these on.  I'll likely do that tomorrow.

Also got the Christmas lights up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.