Skip to main content

Garage

Finally sold one of the cars, so I had room in the garage to get some long-overdue work done.  Got the 3-way lighting switch moved to a more accessible spot, and then installed the 5/8" drywall on the house side as required by code.
Once I get the code inspection on the wiring, I can put the rest of the drywall up, which will finally make the garage look more like a finished space.

Having the drywall up allowed me to start doing the conduit wiring for the lighting, and the power outlets.  The hanging fluorescent lights I'd been using weren't cutting it, so I decided to go with simple screw in base fixtures, with LED light bulbs.  Everything is encased in 3/4" schedule 40 pipes.  Overkill, but I wanted the job done right.
There will be a total of 8 lights in the garage.  I've installed 7, the local hardware store only had 7 of the mounts that I needed for the job, so I'll do the last one later.

Next on the todo is still in the garage, need to add some wood framing so that the remainder of the drywall fits cleanly, then do the conduit for the power outlets.  Won't be long and I'll actually have a respectable garage.  Getting the drywall up on the house side will also allow me to get a little closer to finishing the permit for enclosing the garage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.