Skip to main content

Theater Ceiling

Finally got the ceiling in the theater room leveled.  Turns out leveling it is easy, and would be even easier to do during the original install.  Here is a picture of the end result.
The veneer beams are cedar 2x4's, cut smooth, sanded, and then treated with danish oil.  The overall look works well.  It also has the designed benefit of being removable, should I need to do electrical or plumbing work in the future.  Here is a progress shot showing the beams being prepped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.