Skip to main content

Ceiling Paint

The current ceiling has a whitewash over the tongue and grove.  It's a nice idea, but it's inconsistent and a bit dated looking.  Also, matching the stain if I make changes would be a problem.  So I decided to paint the ceiling.  Saw a sample house that used grey on the ceiling and really like the way it looks.  Here's the sample:
Of course this has a lot more upgrades, so it will be a while before I can match this look.  Since the beams in the master bedroom are already white, I figured I'd start there.
Here is the result.  Doesn't look like much of a difference in the pictures, but it's much more noticeable in person.
Painting it this way gives me more flexibility, so that when I patch holes when moving pipes or other changes, I can hide the work more easily.  I may also consider filling and sanding the knot holes to clean up the look even more, but no rush on that.

This look should fit better when I paint the doors.  Plan is to use a lighter shade of grey on the doors.  I'm also replacing the brass hinges and knobs with cleaner brushed nickle hardware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.