Skip to main content

Theater

Decided to setup a temporary theater in the basement.  This will allow me to experiment with layout and lighting solutions, and to enjoy part of the basement while I work on other parts of the house.  Going to get the projector later tonight.  For now it will just project onto the white back wall.  Here is what the room looked like before I started:

Here is what it looks like now.



 I painted the ductwork and the paneling with the dark green paint I had used on the ceiling.  It's a quick job, just one coat, lots of issues, but ok for temporary use.  All I need to do now is find a cheap couch and I'm all set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.