Skip to main content

Garage Begins

Doesn't look much like 5hrs of work, but the garage has been started.
Spent a lot of time making runs to Lowes, and mounting the wedge bolts on the bottom took a long time.  Also removed the existing wiring and setup a temporary power outlet connected to the 3-way light, and wired 2 4' shop light fixtures so that I can finally have some light while working.  Hopefully I'll finish framing the front this weekend, then I'll have the code inspector check it out before I get the garage door installed.  Plan is to use a 10'x7' brushed aluminium and frosted glass garage door.  The door won't be centered, rather offset to the left a little.  I also think going with a 10' wide door will give more of an impression of a large garage rather than a dinky single-car look, which I prefer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.