Skip to main content

Laundry and Office

Had a little inspiration to make the rough concrete wall in the basement office a little more tolerable.
The height difference between the two bundles of twigs was more than I expected, so at some point I might get in there and mix them up a little.  But for now that makes that wall livable, as I probably won't do anyting to it for a while.
Also started on the plumbing in the laundry room.  Needed to determine exactly how I was going to plumb for the sink, so I went ahead and got 3 cabinets from Ikea.

The laminate flooring in the last picture was an experiment, it won't be what I'll be using.  Instead I'll be using a honed travertine.  Here are a few pictures with the remaining base cabinets in place.

For now these are just set in place so I can verify fit, and run the wiring and plumbing accurately.  I realized when I put these in place that the location I had chosen for the outlet wouldn't do as it's right above the sink base.
I plan to use butcher block for the counter top.  I also had the idea to get additional counter top, and create open shelves between the base cabinets in the gab in the last photo.  I could put a 12" base cabinet there, but I like the idea of the open butcher block counter top material to give it a bit of a custom look.
I also managed to get the last door in the basement installed.  Framed in the wall between the 2nd office and the furnace and installed the door.
I can't finish the framing or put drywall on until I frame the remaining walls in this room.  In particular the outside wall, as the concrete foundation bulges on this wall, and I have to clean a water line, so the interior framing will be inset a little bit.  In this room I will actually be framing around the ducting as well, as there is some plumbing I'll need to cover as well, and I want a good separation between this room and the furnace room.
I was also able to get the furnace room cleaned up a lot, so that I can use it for storage now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.