Skip to main content

Plumbing, Bathroom, Basement

Lots of stuff this weekend.  Much of it doesn't look like much, but there's a lot of work put in.  First, I have friends coming to stay for a while soon, so I needed to get a little more organized.  I'd had a large desk in the basement that I used for the networking, home audio, and server, but it took up too much room and prevented me from getting to the wiring behind it.  So, I cut down the scrap doors it was made of and made a much more efficient version.
I've found having a big desk allows me to be sloppy and wasteful, this setup makes it much more efficient.

Next, I finished framing the office at the end of the hallway, including building a box around the duct work and plumbing.

I have a few minor trim boards to put up, and then do the wiring and it should be ready for drywall.  I picked up some scrap carpet on ebay for $25 as well, so once that and the drywall are in it should be livable.

Next I finished putting the hot water lines in.
And finally, the half bath upstairs had a crappy wall-wart light fixture in it that I never liked.  So, I decided to build a box and put 3 recessed lights in it.
The drywall on there is temporary, and obviously they aren't finished in or connected yet, ran out of steam and daylight.  I'll connect them soon.  I'll need to figure out where I'm going to wire in the outlet for this bathroom as well, and connect these via that source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.