Skip to main content

Basement Office Done

Mostly, need to wire in the remaining outlets, but that's a 15 minute job.  There are a few drywall screws I need to add as well, and put some mud on them.  In these images I've just put rough mud on most of the existing drywall screws, I'll do the rest later.  All the drywall is in, and I put the scrap carpet down as well.


I won't bother to float and tape, or finish the paint until I've finished with the upstairs.  This makes it a perfectly usable room for now, which is what I wanted.  I was thinking about drywalling the ceiling later, but I have to admit that I like the dark beams.  We'll see what I can come up with.

The final dimensions worked out to be 9'10" x 12'.  Not big, but ample for an office, and if they bring sewer lines down the street I can add a closet in the workspace next to it easily.

For comparison, this is what it was when I moved in.
I would have made the office bigger, but you can see there is a significant framing beam right in the middle of the space, so it made sense to use that as the wall.

I've set it up now as a temporary office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.