Skip to main content

Basement Landing Room

The only major work I plan to do in the near future in the basement, is wrap up the drywall in the theater room, which I'll do tomorrow.  That meant I could finally clean up the basement landing room and make use of it.  The carpet is very cobbled together, but usable.  You can also see the hot water line hanging behind the love seat.  I'll hook that up tomorrow or early next week.

It's come a long way from looking like this
Right now I have no idea what I'm going to do with the room, or how I'm going to lay it out.  The painted concrete wall here, along the stairs, and in the theater will be veneered in stone, but that won't happen anytime soon.  At least now I have a space I can use, and I can even live down here if I get to a point upstairs where I'm refinishing the floors or something and need to avoid it for a while.  Nice to finally not have a huge mess in the basement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.