Skip to main content

Kitchen Demo

In order to do the subfloor in the kitchen, which must be done before I plumb the water and sewer into it, I realized I had to lay out the proposed kitchen, and remove the existing cabinets.  So, tonight I have this.
Here I have torn aapartall of the cabinets that were on the back wall.  I've left the smaller ones as I can still use those, and they are small enough to move around while I work.  Along the back wall you'll notice I have paper taped up, and on it I have the layout of the cabinets marked.  Based on this I realized I'd need 2" of space between cabinets on the inside corner, but other than that the planned layout should work well.  Here is what's left of those cabinets.
Needless to say I'll be doing a trash run on Monday.  I also got around to installing the window in the guest bedroom too.  It took longer than the other one as they have mounted the windows very close to the outside corner, so it took a while to remove enough siding to get at all of the nails.  But, the new window is firmly in place.
I haven't trimmed the outside yet, will need to do that soon before it gets cold, so the interior trim will have to wait a little while.  The timing for installing these is right on, as it's getting cool enough outside that the aluminum windows are starting to sweat a little, the new ones are a huge improvement.  Next is the window in the office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathroom Waterproofing

Waterproofing the shower.  1 primer coat, 5 coats on the walls, 7 on the pan.  Tested and approved by the inspector.  Next is upper pan and then tile.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Harry Potter Hole

Harry Potter Hole, as my friends started calling it, has had its internal trim installed, and I've put paint on the shelving below it.  This will look good once the flooring is installed.