Skip to main content

Fireplace

Finally have a decent, usable fireplace.  The wood burning stove was removed a while ago, and I finally got around to ordering the parts I needed.  I also got up in there and removed all the crud that was left over.  When they installed the wood burner they just put a bit of flashing up there, and a lot of junk had accumulated behind it.  Even found what was left of the old damper.
I still need to install a top mount damper, as it's pretty much just open right now, but I'll do that in the next few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craigslist Find

I'm still using a lot of old Ikea Expedit stuff for storage.  It works, and is flexible, but not fancy.  Been on the lookout for something better.  Ran across this on CL for only $300, and got them to deliver. Right now it's just staged in the open area of the basement.  I should be able to finish the framing and drywall in the old theater, and I'll move these in there.

Basement Bathroom Progress

 Just for reference, here is the original, claustrophobic, non-code-compliant basement bathroom. And here is progress on the much larger bathroom, even though to overall footprint is the same size. The shower has been expanded to fill the entire width, and the ceiling raised in the shower area.  The original was a generic shower stall, and was very dark and cramped.  This will be much brighter and while the dimensions are small, won't feel nearly as cramped.

Kitchen Progress

 Backsplash tile almost done, just need to install the outlets and faceplates.